In March the Club introduced fully open timesheets enabling all members with the applicable playing rights to enjoy golf across the week. This has generally been received well by our membership and separates us from most other Clubs.
Since the changes were implemented in early April, we have received feedback from a range of members raising concerns with the time slots on Tuesdays. This has traditionally been the primary day for ladies’ competition during the week as well as enabling members to enjoy social golf.
After considering the feedback and discussing the concerns at the Match Sub-Committee meeting and amongst the Committee we have agreed to amend Tuesday play as follows:
- Competitions to commence off the first and tenth tees at 7:00am with the last morning competition tee time of 8:52am.
- Afternoon tee times to commence at 11:30am.
- Afternoon tee times off the first tee will be for competition golf only.
- Afternoon tee times off the tenth tee will be for social golf only.
- Two groups for social golf will be available at 6:30am off the first tee only. These will be available for play of 9 holes only. The number of these tee times may be expanded if there is interest from members.
- A medley competition across Tuesdays and Wednesdays will remain available in addition to the dedicated ladies’ competition on Tuesdays and men’s competition on Wednesdays.
- Participation across the day will continue to be monitored.
These changes will take effect from Tuesday, 4 June 2019 for which bookings can be made from tomorrow, Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
We welcome the feedback received from members raising these concerns and trust the above amendments will address the shortcomings experienced with Tuesday play.
Alan Grieve, Captain