The qualifying rounds of this year’s Club Championship will be held over two weekends in June 2020. Please find the exact dates and additional information below:
A Grade and C Grade
1st Round – Saturday, 13 June 2020, A Grade off the 1st tee, C Grade off the 10th tee.
2nd Round – Sunday, 21 June 2020, A Grade off the 10th tee, C Grade off the 1st tee.
1st Round – Sunday, 14 June 2020, off the 1st tee.
2nd Round Saturday, 20 June 2020, off the 10th tee.
The timesheets for all qualifying rounds will open on Monday, 25 May 2020 at 6pm for Members playing in the Club Championship. The timesheets for other Members wishing to play in the competition on the various days during qualifying will open seven days prior.
Players must qualify on the days nominated for their grades, failure to do so will make a player ineligible for match play rounds.
Each individual’s GA handicap as of 6pm Monday, 25 May 2020 will determine which grade each member is eligible for.
A Grade– GA handicap of 10.7 and less.
B Grade– GA handicap between 10.8 and 17.2.
C Grade– GA handicap of 17.3 and above.
Play will be in groups of 4 within each grade at 8 minute intervals on all days of the Club Championships.
Match play will be played in 2’s as follows;
- Quarter-final matches to be played on Sunday, 28 June 2020.
- Semi-final matches to be played on Sunday, 5 July 2020
- Championship finals to be played on Sunday, 12 July 2020.
Click here to view the categories available to all members.
Club Championship 2020 Conditions
- All ties in qualifying will be decided by countback.
- Motorised carts cannot be used for those players wishing to qualify for the Club Championship and the H.W. Herbert Junior Championship.
- All matches to be played on the day and time scheduled.
- Players who qualify for more than one event must inform the Match Committee on before 12 midday on Sunday, 21 June 2020 of their chosen event.
- Draws will be available on Monday, 22 June 2020.
- Qualifying rounds will be played on the Yeerongpilly course.